Location: 4 Grey Coat Place, Westminster
Main contractor: Paragon
Contract value: £2.5M
Programme: 56 weeks
Westminster Fire Station
M&E installation to 18 high-end apartments split across two blocks, consisting of 10 new builds, 7 refurbishments of the existing Grade II listed old fire station, and 1 refurbishment of an existing tenant’s apartment. Also part of the project was a complete M&E installation to the infrastructure serving both blocks and sub-basement. Future provision has been left for a commercial unit.
Scope of services
- Full M&E installation to 18 apartments.
- Full M&E infrastructure installation across two blocks.
- New switch room and sub-mains cabling.
- Wet system underfloor heating to all apartments.
- Full SVP/RWP installation.
- Gas installation.
- New water supply.
- VRF installation to apartments with roof mounted condensers.
- Smoke extract system.
- Ventilation systems inclusive of fire rated ductwork.
- Dry-riser installation.
- Basement mounted boilers feeding HIUs within apartments.
- LTHW/CHW throughout.
- Disabled refuge system.
- Fire alarm system throughout.
- Photovoltaic array to roof.
- Lighting control system to communal areas.
- Individual apartment home automation systems.
- TV/IRS system installation.
- Apartment intruder alarm installation.
- Access control system throughout.
- CCTV system.
- BT installation inclusive of apartment wi-fi system.
- Energy efficient LED lighting throughout.