Location: Islington, London
Main contractor: Galliards Construction Ltd
Contract value: £40M
Programme: 28 months
Islington Square comprises of 371 mixed use apartments constructed within two new RC frame buildings, as well as a redeveloped Victorian Royal Mail sorting office, of which the external facade has been kept and restored. Within the development there are a number of cinema lounges, endless swimming pools installed to the roof of the penthouse apartments, a leisure centre and gym, and a number of restaurants and retail units. There are also 108 serviced apartments along with a number of intermediate, affordable, and private apartments. All work had to achieve BREEAM “Excellent” standard.
Scope of services
- Heating and hot water from a communal system utilises ground sourced water and heat pumps to provide a modern, sustainable energy solution.
- Electrical and mechanical infrastructure to supply 371 new apartments, retail units, leisure centre, and cinema.
- On site energy centre with 2no. 800kW boilers, CHP, cold water storage, and sprinkler plant.
- District heating serving all private apartment HIUs.
- Underfloor heating within all private apartments.
- Intelligent lighting control within all private apartments.
- Energy efficient LED lighting.
- Environmentally-led design.
- Full sitewide concierge access control.
- Superfast fibre optic within every apartment.
A new high end, sustainable development wit over 371 mixed use apartments, maintaining the original façade.
Providing commercial retail and entertainment units for the whole development
“BREAAM Excellent” accreditated