Location: Borehamwood, Elstree
Client: Elstree UTC
Main contractor: WDI
Contract value: £1.8M
Programme: 16 weeks
A design and build mechanical and electrical project to include a complete strip-out of the existing Thorn Building (to be called Silver Screens) and Addeco Building (staying as Addeco), to enable the fit-out of a new 600 student technical college.
Scope of services
- Public health and domestic pipe work.
- VRF comfort cooling installation.
- New plant.
- Natural gas, LTHW, mechanical ventilation.
- Internal and external new lighting.
- Emergency lighting.
- Fire alarm.
- Complete redesign of the LV infrastructure.
- Security installation including CCTV.
This is a complete design and build project working to a stringent programme. Gloster MEP met all deadlines and completed this project on time and to budget in August 2013.