Location: Barbican Estate, London
Client: City of London
Main contractor: ISG
Contract value: £6.1M
Programme: 30 months
CoLPAI school and apartments
The City of London Corporation is redeveloping the former Richard Cloudesley School site and the associated City of London land on Golden Lane. The CoLPAI project will deliver a new school, City of London Primary Academy Islington (CoLPAI) with space for 420 pupils and 38 nursery spaces to meet the increasing demand for primary school places. The scheme will also provide 66 much-needed social rent homes across 14 floors. All the work must achieve BREEAM “Excellent” standard.
Scope of service
- Heating and hot water from a communal system utilises ground sourced water and heat pumps to provide a modern, sustainable energy solution.
- Electrical and mechanical infrastructure to supply 66 apartments, a school, and a school sports hall.
- District heating serving the school and sports hall.
- Underfloor heating within all private apartments.
- Intelligent lighting control to all private apartments
- Energy efficient LED lighting
- Environmentally-led design
- Superfast fibre optic to every apartment