60 Lombard Street
Location: London, Bank
Client: Falcon Group
Main contractor: OPLC
Contract value: £5.6M
Programme: 48 weeks
This building, the Grade II listed former headquarters of the Trustee Savings Bank, sits on Lombard Street, a City of London thoroughfare with a centuries-old connection to the financial industries. The project brief included a complete strip-out and refit of all services, new LV panel and main distribution, new roof AHU and VRF systems for each floor, new toilets blocks, gym, and kitchens. All the work had to achieve BREEAM “Excellent” standard.
Scope of services
- Electrical and mechanical systems to all floors and new 5th floor added to building.
- New fresh air and cooling systems required for all floors.
- Provide new desk power on a modular system to allow for future changes in layouts.
- New lighting and control system required.
- New toilets and shower blocks to be stripped out to accommodate new toilets, as well as shower and kitchen areas.
- New AHU and roof plant, lifted over adjacent church, serving new VRF heating and cooling systems on all floors.
- Intelligent lighting control systems
- Completely new fire alarm systems
- Under desk electrac system to allow for future extensions and layout changes
- New plantroom serving the new toilet blocks, kitchens, and showers in gym.